At the onset, it would be pertinent to know what email marketing is? Email marketing is the fast, cost-effective, and flexible way to reach your customers, bring in new business or retain an already existing relationship. The immediate aim of most email marketing efforts is to increase website visits by potential customers.
There are several advantages of using emails to market a product or service. Let’s check them out below.
Advantages of Best Email Marketing Software
- Cost-effective: Emails are the cheapest mode of communication that is available currently. So, it’s possible to have an email campaign set up at a minimal cost. This could always mean lesser cost per customer acquired.
- Permission-based: Commonly, people who receive emails give the sender’s necessary authorization to convey emails. Thus, it is based on the permission given by the receiver to the sender. Otherwise, an act would mean that the email could be ending up in the spam folder and without being read.
- Flexible: With emails, it is possible to be flexible in approach. Thus, the emails could be text, graphic pictures, and attached files. The sender makes a choice to create the most impact possible.
- Scalable: It’s possible to scale the email campaign from a few targeted lists to large-scale campaigns involving thousands of messages. This feature is particularly useful in the growth of digital marketing sources.
- Personalization: No matter the campaign’s scale, it’s possible to personalize each email. It’s also possible to segment the marketing list to have a much-focused approach to the marketing plan.
Thus, it can easily be seen that email marketing is an important step in digital marketing efforts. This is because of both for its reach as well as penetration to the sender.
What is Email Marketing Software?
When embarking on an email marketing campaign, marketers use service-based software to send out emails. This particular software is what email marketing software is all about. The software has several uses. Firstly, to grow the marketing funnel by increasing the recipients of the emails. Secondly, by building customized templates applied to the marketing campaigns, increasing efficiency of operations and building more segmented and targeted lists ensures a better reach to the end customer.
Features of the Best Email Marketing Software
Since there are plenty of choices you can use the email software for, it basically boils down to what the customer needs to focus on in its use. The right email software application is something that can meet the business needs of the person at an affordable cost to the user.
- Email Templates: The right email marketing software would have just the right kind and types of templates to use for the campaign. It varies from newsletters, announcements, and promotions, and beyond. The templates must also be easily customizable to meet the requirements and needs of the situation.
- A Powerful Builder: In the present era of DIY marketing, we need email marketing software to have a drag and drop feature. This ensures that there are minimal time and costs spent on training and familiarization of the user as far as possible.
- Mobile-Friendly: With more and more emails being sent and received on mobile, it’s not wise to choose an email system that is not mobile-friendly.
When deciding to use a particular email marketing software, the user must look at the three points mentioned above before deciding on a final choice. Often the best software is a compromise on what the customer aspires to have and what he can afford to have too.
Best Email Marketing Software: Overview
There is quite a few email marketing software in use, and that is because email marketing is an ever-present feature of any modern digital marketing activity. It would thus be in order that some of the best email marketing software is discussed in brief below.
MailChimp is a fully integrated email marketing suite. This software takes care of the end customers as well as the related parties in the deal. There are a large number of templates on offer, as well as a fair amount of customization possible. Mailchimp could also be the easiest one to use and remains one of the more popular email platforms available today.
Hubspot Marketing Hub
Hubspot is more than just a regular email marketing software; it is a marketing tool in its entirety. Hubspot is for individuals, small businesses, and can be scaled up to the enterprise level as well. It enables each customer to have a very personalized experience and makes for an intuitive experience using it.
Since Hubspot is one of the most marketing tools to be had through email marketing, people using the platform need to be trained and familiarized with its working most of the time.
With some of the most powerful features to be offered to small businesses, Keap remains one of the topmost email marketing software to be had. Since it’s principally aimed at small enterprises, it does have an attractive costing as well for most parts. It is possible to design great-looking email campaigns, customize the templates and track how the emails are being received at the other end.
Used by over 130,000 businesses and at over 170+ countries, ActiveCampaign meaningfully engages and connects with its customers. It does undertake a fair degree of automation and helps create directly acting templates that keeps the layers in between the sender and the recipient to the bare minimum.
It’s possible to use Freshmarketer to approach clients directly and to gain market share with some of the most targeted campaigns. This is a completely automated tool. It provides the user with contact lists, designs and delivers compelling selling campaigns, and synchronizes the marketing campaign.
This is a cloud-based email client that allows the user to send emails without maintaining servers. The strongest customers of SendGrid are those wanting to send out digital receipts and transactional emails.
SendinBlue is a comprehensive digital marketing platform that not just sends emails but integrates SMSs too with the messaging. The inbox enables the separation of mails and messages but manages to keep everything under one roof.
Omnisend drives more sales by converting the maximum visitors to customers. There is a 360-degree approach to communications with emails, SMSs, and chats encompassing the sphere of action. You can integrate it into all popular eCommerce platforms available.
Campaign Monitor provides a number of customizable templates that are not just restricted to the texts but also graphical presentations. There is on offer a completely automated working that not just is convenient but rather effective too.
Robly is one of the most innovative email marketing applications available for use. And it promises to grow the influence by up to four times the normal. It is possible to use multi-variant testing to ensure that most emails are opened and read.
There are many variants in email marketing software, as has been discussed above. Some of them are more user-friendly than others, with just a few sessions to control the operation. In comparison, some are more customizable than others too.
It is really up to the customer to decide what features he needs for the email campaign and match them with the available budget. The most cost-effective solution in each case could also be the most suited bit of email marketing software too.