Remote access software plays a crucial role in customer support these days. And since remote desktop solutions have become fundamental, there is also much software that you can opt for to perform this task.
What remote access software programs do is they let you access your PC/desktop from another location remotely. This can be effective for those working in 9 to 5 jobs whereby you cannot leave with your desktop from work.
Remote access software allows you to continue working while at the comfort of your home.
Remote access software can also be used to provide support for your clients by directly accessing their computers from your end. So remote software solutions have gained popularity due to their vast application scenarios which makes life so much easier.
Ease of Use Splashtop VS TeamViewer
On the user interface, TeamViewer has a simple, easy to use interface. The setup process is quite more comfortable, too but having to return to Teamviewer’s website to create an account always bugs me. Splashtop, on the other hand, is also simple to use has a fast setup process and also makes it easier when your changing computers.
Features Splashtop VS TeamViewer
Both TeamViewer vs Splashtop has many features under their sleaves.
Features available on TeamViewer
- Cross-platform access. TeamViewer is available on several platforms, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, iOS, Windows RT, among others. Being cross-platform makes it easier to access.
- File Transfer. TeamViewer enables you to transfer files from a remote PC to a local platform. You can transfer data by either copying and pasting or by drag and drop from one machine to the other. TeamViewer can also be integrated with file-sharing tools like Box, Google Drive, OneDrive for Business, Dropbox for easy access to file-sharing options.
- Wake Up, Restart, and Install. TeamViewer helps you wake up a pc connected to your Local Network. Besides, with remote access, you can be able to restart a PC or even easily update and install an application.
- Remote Device Monitoring. You can use TeamViewer in the management of your servers, websites, applications, and even networks.
- Multi-language support. The platform supports 30 different languages.
- Multi-User Support Sessions. You can invite multiple technicians to help you with complex technical problems.
- Remote Printing. With remote printing, files from a remote computer can be directly printed locally.
- Hardware and Software Integration. TeamViewer enables you to integrate their API to combine multiple steps in your work environment to help you optimize your operations.
- 4K Remote Desktop Access. This is aimed at users with 4K displays. TeamViewer provides you with a flawless connection to UHD displays.
- Mobile Device Access. TeamViewer supports mobile access that enables you to connect to your remote desktop or provide support on the go.
- Text Chat. TeamViewer can also help you connect with your customers or team via group chat, customer-initiated chat, and even offline messaging.
Features available on Splashtop
- Cross-platform access. You can be able to access Splashtop on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux, iOS, or Android.
- File Transfer. Just like TeamViewer, you can also transfer files between your remote desktop and local device up to 64GB.
- Remote reboot and wake. With Wake-On-LAN, you can be able to boot your device remotely. Your device needs to be connected to a LAN connection, and another computer connected to the same network is powered on.
- Session recording. Session recording involves saving all your activity on remote access to your local computer.
- Remote deployment. Splashtop enables you to create a unique installation link for your team to install the app.
- Communication. With Splashtop, you can be able to chat with a remote computer independent on whether you’re inside or outside the app.
Pricing Splashtop VS TeamViewer
Pricing is one of the driving forces behind choosing one program over the other. Free business models often win as long as they offer more of the essential features placed behind the paywall of a contender.
On pricing, TeamViewer has a free plan for personal use but also provides solutions for business people, including corporate, enterprise-level users, and IT departments.
For business users, TeamViewer offers three different pricing plans; Business License, Premium License, and Corporate License. For single-user instead termed as the Business license, you have to pay $22.90 per month which is billed annually.
Premium license, on the other hand, costs US$45.90 per month also charged on an annual basis. Lastly, Corporate license costs a whopping $89.90 per month billed annually also.
TeamViewer Business License
- Access & Control Computers Remotely
- Custom Branding
- Secure Unattended Access
- Remote printing for Mac & Windows on any printer
- File Sharing
- Managed Devices (up to 200)
- Cross-Device Access to Desktops
- Device Management & App Customization
TeamViewer Premium License
- All features in Business License
- Customized Device Information
- User Access Reporting
Add-ons: TeamViewer Remote Management, Support for Mobile Devices, Service camp, TeamViewer Pilot, and Extra Concurrent Users.
TeamViewer Corporate License
All features in Premium license plus;
- Multiple Concurrent Connections
- Mass Deployment
- Device Access Reporting
- Pre-Built Software Integrations
- Add-ons: All included in the Premium plan
On the other hand, Splashtop is mainly under a paid plan with a free plan enabling you to connect with a remote computer connected to your local network. For business and individuals, Splashtop has two payment tiers; Business access solo goes for $5.0 per month (access up to two computers), billed annually.
The other payment tier is Business solo which includes features like remote printing, file transfer, and even playing local audio remotely.
Business Access Pro (remote access of up to 10 computers) will set you back for $8.25 billed annually. Plus, Splashtop also has plans for IT and MSPs, support and helpdesk teams and also for teachers.
Availability Splashtop VS TeamViewer
Having a solution that spars around your various devices is fundamental. Starting with TeamViewer, the program is available on almost any platform you could be using right now.
TeamViewer is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, iOS, Windows RT, Windows Phone 8, and Blackberry. Plus, if your platform is not listed here, you can also access TeamViewer via a browser. Splashtop is also available on a couple of platforms including; Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Chromebook, and Linux.
Customer Support Splashtop VS TeamViewer
Like any other SaaS business, support plays a vital role because despite the many tutorials online, some assistance has to be handled from the provider’s end.
Both TeamViewer and Splashtop have 24/7 excellent support. Starting with Splashtop, the service has a knowledge base, video tutorials, plus step-by-step guides. To contact Splashtop support, you can reach them via social media. TeamViewer has forums, knowledgebase, FAQs, user guides, and also video tutorials to help you out with your queries. Besides, the platform also offers numbers (toll-free).
Security Splashtop VS TeamViewer
Since remote access programs connect via the internet, safety should be treated as a priority. Both of the programs rely on various encryption protocols to secure remote access connection. Splashtop relies on both TLS and 256-bit encryption plus has multifactor authentication.
Splashtop can also enable you to lock the remote keyboard and even blank the remote screen using multiple second-level password options.
TeamViewer solely relies on AES-256-bit encryption and two-factor authentication. All activities like remote back up and monitoring are secured end-to-end.
Choosing between the two can be daunting. For casual users, Splashtop offers less and at a lower price. TeamViewer is perfect for large-sized businesses with the many features it packs. For small and medium-sized companies, it will be better going for a cheaper but inferior solution instead.
Thank you for reading with us today! Let us know in the comments below if you’re already incorporating these apps into your projects. Be sure to also check out “Invest Smart: Betterment VS Acorns (2019) Review and Comparison” and learn how to invest online through these investment options.
Join us at BestandVS for more inspiration and comparison of software and management tools for your business.