Swagbucks vs Ibotta – overview of money-saving apps
It would be safe to say that there are bound to be deals announced as long as there are shoppers around. To assume that it is all due to competition is rather naive. Statistics point that most shopping, whether online or at the stores, are done by repeat customers and chronic shoppers. Thus, most cashback money-saving apps aim to offer the regular customers irresistible offers as far as possible.
Even with the standard cashback software available to the customer, it has reached saturation points that new and innovative methods need to be found to get the buyer’s eyeballs each time. The mergers and acquisitions that take place in the space regularly to consolidate better the workings of the stores and the cashback applications. From the customer’s perspective, it’s a win-win situation.
This is a free search engine where users earn credits called Swagbucks for doing what they usually do online. That is surf the web, shop, play games, and the sorts. It is possible to participate in the program using the browser extension, website, and mobile application. So, in effect, there is no chance a person can get away from using the system.
You can exchange the credits (Swagbucks) for gift coupons and use them on the largest merchants or redeem them for cash with PayPal. There are conditions to follow when making the redemptions, but these apply to everyone that uses the cashback application.
With the wide acceptance of the Swagbucks system and more with some of the largest merchant stores, it comes as little wonder that it remains one of the best available options to save money. Some of the activities like taking surveys and polls allow the user to earn some money.
Advantages of Swagbucks cashback system
- This is a free-to-join system, and there are no restrictions on people signing up.
- You can earn Swagbucks by doing everyday activities on the web.
- The Swagbucks system is very easy, and anyone can use it.
- People signing up on the platform does not have to commit themselves to a minimum period. It’s possible to terminate or delete the account at any time without any restrictions.
- You can also earn Swagbucks when referring other friends onto the platform. It is thus a promising avenue for making money for those well connected and networked.
- There are a wide variety of gift cards to choose from and includes the option of exchanging the Swagbucks for money directly as well.
- The website and the apps are free from malware. This is very important to people who are sensitive to spyware.
What is Ibotta?
Ibotta is a cashback money-saving app that makes it possible for users to save money on day to day purchases. There are no charges for using Ibotta, and it pays money directly through PayPal or Venmo. There are no gifting coupons to tackle and coupon codes to search for.
Ever since its launch in 2012, Ibotta has tied up with over 1,500 different retailers and brands. It’s free to use, and there is no minimum time to which a user has to stick to. A shopper can earn regular cashback on the purchase of fruits, cereals, dairy, snacks, meat, pet food, etc. It is possible to use Ibotta to shop around for liquor and beer too. You can also earn cashback on travel sites. The amount earned is usually a flat amount paid back or a percentage of the cost price.
Advantages of using the Ibotta app
- There are referral benefits to the user, which is done by sharing a code that the new user uses. Each successful addition generates $5 in cash and when they start spending.
- Certain stores or shopping sites provide bonuses that are accumulated. These bonuses are released regularly from time to time. Each bonus is typically worth $2.
- Additional bonuses are offered when shoppers pick up items over and over again. They exist to ensure brand loyalty and represent a loyalty program.
- It is possible to shop around for generic items rather than concentrate on brands. The savings are not much different from the two.
- You can stack up coupon codes. It is possible to use a combination of codes and not just one at a time.
- The customer can easily integrate the platform into everyday shopping activities.
Swagbucks vs Ibotta – which saves more money?
With Swagbucks, people earn by doing ordinary and everyday activities like surfing the web and even playing online games. It is possible to rack up a good amount in a short time, and during times of hardship, any help with generating an income would be welcome. Ibotta, on the other hand, is an outright shopping tool. It saves the most when shopping for the more expensive items on the shopping lists. Both are free to use and come with several flexibilities for the user. Swagbucks vs Ibotta – it’s your choice now!
Cashback apps – promotional activity
It would be wrong to treat the cashback applications as an income generator. The sums of money generated do not account for anything significant, but it is a welcome sum when run over a long time. When a person is not without a substantial income, then the amounts that cashback apps like Swagbucks bring would be a welcome indulgence at best.
Most merchant sites see the cashback apps and discount coupon codes as promotional activities to push forward their products. It has been noted to keep customers loyal to online shopping sites, and the apps bring much-needed convenience to the shopper.
For more comparison articles, check out how swagbucks compares with Cashback Monitor.